All parents require support to provide a nurturing environment for their kids but while some receive this support from their family, friends and communities, others require assistance from services like CPS.
Family Services can offer:
- Counselling and support to assist in resolving family problems;
- Social support for parents and children;
- Supported Playgroups to foster and promote positive parent-child interaction, and improve parent/caregiver play skills and connection with their children;
- Information and advice about child development and links to children’s services including kindergartens, child care and playgroups;
- Individual and group-based support, education and skills development to help parents and carers raise happy, healthy kids;
- Assistance for parents getting help from other services such as housing, Centrelink, disability services, adult health services and child health services;
- Support and assistance to families to address the causes and harms of child abuse/neglect;
- Information and links to other community groups and services as needed. Appointments can be in your own home, our offices at Heidelberg or Thomastown, or another agreed place.
- Our qualified and experienced staff work with families to identify their needs and develop goals to address those needs.
To find out how you can get a referral into one of these groups or for further information on other ways Family Services can help you, please contact ChildFIRST on (03) 9450 0955.
CPS groupwork flyer PDF Term 4, 2017