Towards a Child Safe Workforce: Recruitment and Interviewing Skills
This evidence-based practical course will enable participants to become confident and competent in safer interviewing in the recruitment process. This will ensure workers who are recruited demonstrate child safety values and behaviours. This course is based on latest evidence and research in safe recruitment interviewing.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- State the context and benefits of child safe interviewing skills
- Describe the purpose of questions focusing on child safe attitudes and behaviours in an interview
- Practice interviewing candidates using child-safe focused behaviours
- Use active listening and a range of questioning and probing techniques to explore candidates’ answers in-depth
- Analyse evidence of candidates’ behaviours and attitudes against a set criteria.