Managing Sexually Harmful Behaviours: Safe and Supported
This one day course will enable workers to identify young people who are engaging in sexually harmful behaviours and develop strategies to help manage the behaviours. Workers will also learn to address the issue of caring for young people who have caused sexual harm and feel empowered and confident in managing sexualised behaviours in their setting.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Define the aetiology (origins) of sexually harmful behaviours
- State the need to create a safe environment for young people who have experienced trauma
- Describe how trauma and attachment impact on a young person’s resilience and likelihood of engaging in sexually harmful behaviours
- Implement practical strategies to support young children who have experienced trauma and minimise the risk of sexually harmful behaviours
- Develop risk management strategies to help manage sexually harmful behaviours
- Explain grooming behaviours and better manage young people at risk of sexual exploitation.