Creating Safer Organisations: Implementing the Child Safe Standards
This course will enable participates to be confident in ensuring they have the skills necessary to create a child-safe organisation.
Each of the relevant child safety standards will be worked through in-depth and participants will be able to devise an action and implementation plan to address the standards.
Participants will also receive an innovative self-assessment audit tool to ensure they are continually improving and embedding a child safe culture within their organisation.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Recall the historical context that led to the development of the Child Safe Standards
- Identify strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety
- List key components to be included in a child safety policy and procedure
- Practice writing a code of conduct for working with children and young people
- Identify a safe recruitment model and processes which can be put in place to create a safe organisation
- Identify the factors that can create vulnerabilities for children in organisations (particularly in relation to sexual abuse)
- Respond to allegations of child abuse including allegations against staff and volunteers
- Identify risk management strategies to reduce the risk of child abuse
- List practical strategies to promote the meaningful participation and empowerment of children
- Assess their organisation’s current level of compliance with the Child Safe Standards & Develop an Action Plan to address any shortfalls in achieving the Child Safe Standards.