Child Abuse: Recognising, Responding, Recording and Reporting
This training enables participants to recognise the signs and indicators of all forms of abuse, including family violence; learn how to respond to a disclosure; examine how to record concerns and recall who to report and refer to. Information relating to mandatory reporting, criminal legislation and requirements to ensure children’s safety are covered.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- State the definition of a child, early intervention and child protection
- Identify key features which make a child and family vulnerable
- State the impact of abuse/trauma on children
- Name the categories, signs and indicators of abuse and neglect in children
- Respond to a disclosure of child abuse
- Discuss the barriers to children disclosing abuse
- List best practice principles in recording child safety concerns
- List key legislation in relation to child protection and the Child Safe Standards
- Deal with child safety concerns
- State who to refer child safety concerns too.