Child Sexual Abuse: Everybody’s Responsibility
This evidence-based one day course will enable participants to be able to understand and recognise indicators of child sexual abuse and respond appropriately to such concerns. Learn key sexual developmental stages in children as well as strategies to help children who have been sexually abused.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Recall the definitions and signs of child sexual abuse
- State the current legislative framework pertaining to child sexual abuse and reporting requirements
- Evaluate the traumatic responses of children who have been sexually abused
- List healthy child sexual development and concerning sexual behaviours across different development stages
- Discuss grooming behaviours and offender models to access children
- List strategies to promote recovery and resilience in children who have been sexually abused.
- Promote self-care skills for self and others managing sexual abuse concerns development across the lifespan.