Family Services Programs
CPS recognises that significant life experiences can impact on the complex and challenging task of parenting.
Our dedicated Family Services team provides a range of free, community-based programs for families who are experiencing difficulties.
All parents require support to provide a nurturing environment for their kids but while some receive this support from their family, friends and communities, others require assistance from services like CPS.
Family Services can offer:
- Counselling and support to assist in resolving family problems;
- Social support for parents and children;
- Supported Playgroups to foster and promote positive parent-child interaction, and improve parent/caregiver play skills and connection with their children;
- Information and advice about child development and links to children’s services including kindergartens, child care and playgroups;
- Individual and group-based support, education and skills development to help parents and carers raise happy, healthy kids;
- Assistance for parents getting help from other services such as housing, Centrelink, disability services, adult health services and child health services;
- Support and assistance to families to address the causes and harms of child abuse/neglect;
- Information and links to other community groups and services as needed. Appointments can be in your own home, our offices at Heidelberg or Thomastown, or another agreed place.
- Our qualified and experienced staff work with families to identify their needs and develop goals to address those needs.
To find out how you can get a referral into one of these groups or for further information on other ways Family Services can help you please contact
Phone: (03) 9450 0955.
CPS groupwork flyer March 2018.pdf