Creating Safer Organisations: Implementing the Child Safe Standards
This course will enable participants to be confident in ensuring they have the skills necessary to create a child-safe organisation. Each of the relevant child safety standards will be worked through in-depth and participants will be able to devise an action and implementation plan to address the standards.
Participants will also receive an innovative self-assessment audit tool to ensure they are continually improving and embedding a child safe culture within their organisation.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Recall the historical context that led to the development of the Child Safe Standards
- Identify strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety
- List key components to be included in a child safety policy and procedure
- Practice writing a code of conduct for working with children and young people
- Identify a safe recruitment model and processes which can be put in place to create a safe organisation
- Identify the factors that can create vulnerabilities for children in organisations (particularly in relation to sexual abuse)
- Respond to allegations of child abuse including allegations against staff and volunteers
- Identify risk management strategies to reduce the risk of child abuse
- List practical strategies to promote the meaningful participation and empowerment of children
- Assess their organisation’s current level of compliance with the Child Safe Standards & Develop an Action Plan to address any shortfalls in achieving the Child Safe Standards.
All training course are held at the CPS Thomastown officers located at 273 Settlement Road, Thomastown
Date: Next course TBC
Training can be held at a date and location suitable to your organisation. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org